Our software development team is continuously investigating new technologies and challenging the status quo to drive our product’s market success. You must be an energetic, creative, achievement-oriented self-starter who is passionate about social media and thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for constant challenges and working with cutting edge technology in an exciting technology start-up company, then this is the job for you!
What we’d like you to do:
- Develop and maintain the scalability of our internal systems and processes
- Write clean code to build out high-quality tools and applications
- Document, test, and review code through each phase of development
- Mentor other developers by sharing knowledge, modelling best practices, and providing suggestions to improve the quality of their code
- Detect bugs and other complex issues within code and correct them urgently
- Estimate development tasks involved in the execution of a project and prioritize them effectively
- Research new social media platforms, tools, and technologies to foster continuous learning, share insights with the team, and demonstrate potential ways to use them to our company’s overall benefit
- Other duties as required
You should be someone who has/is:
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in addition to a University or College degree in Computer Science with demonstrated excellence in your field of study.
- Experience with development of web applications, preferably using the Microsoft .NET platform including C#
- Cloud experience, preferably in Microsoft Azure
- Client-side web programming using technologies such as HTML5, AngularJS and Bootstrap
- SQL Azure and Elastic Search
- User Interface design and development
- Agile development
- A quick learner of new technologies, programming languages and development platforms
- Good skills in documentation and writing clear, readable and highly maintainable code
- Some knowledge and background in the Social Media space.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, retain flexibility and maintain composure under pressure.
- Energy and creativity a must, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Due to the nature of our industry, you will be asked to submit to a police background check and associated confidentiality agreement.