Security teams who require information about a POI will need to secure the right open-source intelligence (OSINT) sources and techniques in order to identify threats and manage risk to their organizations. OSINT has incredible power, but you need the right tools and data to make it actionable.
“How To Use OSINT for Security POI Investigations” addresses common challenges that organizations face as they look to incorporate open intelligence into their own security operations and how Media Sonar’s tools and workflows can help you perform POI investigations 30x faster than traditional investigation methods.
OSINT FOR SECURITY POI INVESTIGATIONS
The explosion of data that must be obtained to capture the digital footprint of a Person has made it necessary to approach the problem with a new breed
In large-scale security operations, OSINT techniques can be automated and streamlined to accelerate the velocity of POI investigations.
OSINT is a major driver of POI intelligence that companies are tapping into for vetting and monitoring third-parties.
Each relationship and transaction with a third-party can be accompanied by risk. Knowing what those risks are, being prepared to manage or avoid them, can save you operational disruptions and costs down the line.
OSINT is used to obtain information about domains to help recommend cybersecurity and information security strategies, understand incidents, and even determine the source of a threat.
POI investigations into domains is where cybersecurity and open intelligence converge.
MEDIA SONAR FOR POI INVESTIGATIONS
With integrated powerful tools and data sources used by investigators today, Media Sonar works to accelerate OSINT investigations and answer the specific questions corporate and information security teams have about POIs.
Our OSINT Threat Detection and Investigation Software will help you:
- Capture a broad range of data sources to uncover and organize POI information such as detailed email, real name, username, phone number, and DNS information.
- Access current and passive historical data that reveals your POIs reputation and history, helping you to identify where they’ve been before, how to situate them now, and how to dive deeper into their activity.
- Best-in-class digital footprint features and advanced search functions, queries and filters, access to data sources across social, Deep and Dark Web, and specialized OSINT checks.
- Robust case and data management, visualized analysis of your investigation, in-the-moment alerts, scheduled search updates, and task auditing.
Get Started with Media Sonar
How to Use OSINT for Security POI Investigations
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Best practices for gathering, consolidating, and organizing open intelligence to easily navigate through your Point of Interest (POI) investigations from start to finish.
- Step-by-step processes for performing OSINT investigations on POIs – with a deep dive into People, Organizations, and Domains.
- Tips for automating and streamlining your OSINT techniques to accelerate the velocity of your POI investigations and scale your security operations.